The Buisson family has a history of working the vines in the village of Saint Romain in the Cote d’Or that dates all the way back to the 12th century. In 1947, on the same day Saint-Romain obtained its official AOC appellation status, Henri Buisson bought his first 5 hectares of vines and released the first bottle under the Henri et Gilles Buisson label later that year. Today, the estate has expanded to over 19 hectares and Henri’s grandsons Franck and Frédérick are at the helm of the operation. The vineyards have been farmed biodynamically since the 1960s and are the source of their terroir-expressive Burgundy wines that offer outstanding value.